Vernon Terrace COVID-19 Update
The safety of our Residents and Staff Members who live and work in our community is our top priority at Vernon Terrace. We have made some changes in our operation to maintain the safety of our community.
First and foremost, we are screening all Staff and restricting entry to those who exhibit any respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat. We understand you want to visit with your loved ones and friends during this time, we are offering the following opportunities to facilitate this.
- Personal visits on our patio in Willows Memory Care. (please contact us to schedule)
- Virtual visits coordinated by our Team via Zoom calls.
In cooperation with our partners at Lifesprk our Team is also taking every possible proactive step to prevent the spread of the virus and keep our community healthy and safe:
- Using universal precautions and personal protective equipment including, masks, face shields, and gloves.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations at all community entrances.
- Increasing cleanings and disinfecting throughout the campus.
- Continuing to strictly limit visitors and events.
- Enforcing social distancing.
- Providing daily meal service delivery to each apartment.
- Modifying mail pick-up and/or delivery to each apartment.
- Limiting non-essential housekeeping and maintenance services.
- Suspending all non-essential activities outside of the community.
UPDATE: Our Beauty Salon is now open for Residents. Our Beautician is following all current safety precautions required by the Minnesota Department of Health.
UPDATE: We have resumed scheduled transportation for doctors’ appointments on Wednesdays.
UPDATE: At this time, we are conducting virtual tours to see available homes in the community. We have also started allowing New Residents to move in with specific guidelines to follow to ensure the safety of all our Residents and Staff members,
We continue to follow the guidelines and restrictions determined by the Center for Disease Prevention (CDC) as well as the Minnesota Department of Health and Human Services.
Thank you for your understanding, cooperation, in this challenging time; together, we will beat this challenge.
I moved into Vernon Terrace after I was no longer able to maintain my house. I was looking for a place with activities, social interaction, medical services and dining services. Vernon Terrace has it all, and all of the occupants are very friendly and welcoming. I especially love the events they put on for us and the outings!- Lois J.